Since Chris is here, we've been taking turns riding in the backseat. This has led to the discovery of a new pet peeve. It's always bothered me, but I just realized how it irritates me.
I hate it when people in the front seat roll their windows down, totally disregarding the person in the back. I mean, it's nice when they ask if they can. "Hey, do you mind if I roll down my window?" Yes, I mind. I am going to look like flippin' Napolean Dynamite if you do that. GOSH! Idiots!
Sorry for quoting the movie there. I hate it when people quote that movie, and since I just saw it for the first time, it's hard to resist. Now I understand why people quote it so much.
Anyway, I know all the cool girls ride with the windows down. But since I no longer care about impressing men (besides my husband), I'd just like to point out two things. Number one, I have curly hair, and while I'm not the type to hyperventilate if my hair gets messed up, I don't want to look like that girl from Welcome to the Dollhouse. Second, it is officially hot as I can imagine hell ever being, and rolling the window down does nothing but dry out my eyes and make me angry.
So there.
Another pet peeve is people who always say "Oh, ABSOLUTELY!"
Do you think I could get soy milk in my mocha? "Oh, absolutely!"
Do you guys carry this purse in orange as well? "Absolutely!"
I don't know what you think, but that just doesn't make sense. Usually I would just say yes, sure, or of course.
Sunday, June 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ohmygosh! I should have known that you have a word-choice-related pet peeve as well.
I think you know mine about the word "literally." As in "Oh. my. gosh. My head, like, literally exploded. It did. It literally exploded."
NO! I wish it had, but it didn't. I think it's the same population abusing both words.
"She, like, literally died when I asked her. She was, like, 'Absolutely!' and then literally, like, died."
- Autumn
Is it proper to say "absolutely" in that context? I just think it doesn't make sense. Absolutely doesn't mean yes, right?
That was so nasty!
i don't get it!!!!
i don't get it!!!!
Ok, now I got it!! Cathy explained it to me. It's from that stupid Napoleon Dynamite movie, figures!!!!
Post a Comment