Monday, December 12, 2005

Poor Rosa...

John and I lit all of our Christmas lights and candles tonight as we were eating our yummy chili dinner. It gave us a remarkable sense of peace. I felt like breaking out into song, "Leeet theeere be peace on earth...!" Before I could ruin the moment, I held back my beautiful singing voice--not to be arrogant or anything, but it is beautiful.

Ha...

Well anyway, Rosa was trying to find a spot where she could: a.) cuddle with one of us or b.) capture our attention by doing something ridiculously bad. So, she climbed up on the armrest of the couch and started clawing, not realizing that her enormous, feather-duster tail had landed right in the middle of our caramel-scented candle.

I didn't realize it was happening until the smell of caramels suddenly morphed into the smell of burning fur, and lo, there was the smoke to prove that yes, our dear cat's tail was burning off right before our eyes. John grabbed her tail with his hands to quench the smoke (there were no flames, thank goodness).

Rosa was fine, and only lost a bit of fur (completely unnoticeable). She was obsessed with the smell of it, though. The funny yet awful thing is that she couldn't find exactly where the smell was coming from, so she walked in circles trying to figure out the source of the singed scent...

But, as far as I know, she never did figure out that it was actually her tail that was smoking.

Poor Rosa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Rosa. What kind of mother are you? I am going to report you for child abuse if you don't take care of my grandbaby a little better than that. Shape up or I will have to seek custody. LOL!!!!