TODAY, I am making a three layer chocolate cake...with a new recipe from a new recipe book. John is making some delicious steak with another new recipe, using our new GRILL that was given to us as a wedding gift...and we are making baked potatoes in our new Crock Pot! Oh yes, we are feeling so spoiled!
For our honeymoon, we went to St. Pete Beach and stayed in one of America's Haunted Hotels, the Don CeSar resort. It's a big pink castle. It was very cool.
We ate alligator, too. AND we went to the Museum of Science and Industry of Tampa and guess what exhibit was there? You'll never guess.
BODIES. That's what it's called. You may have heard of it. Scientists have taken real, live human bodies and injected them with this chemical (silicone polymer?) to preserve them. So, they didn't have any skin, but you could see everything else. There were all these really amazing displays...the muscular system, circulatory, reproductive, digestive, nervous... I also got to see what a real ovarian cyst looks like, a cancerous lung, a thyroid with cancer, breast cancer, a heart attack, emphysema, etc. I was impressed, and highly recommend it--especially anyone interested in physiology--or any life science, really.
Friday, November 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amanda! That exhibit was at the Science Center in Cleveland this summer! It was way cool... a science teachers dream. I was telling my students about it in the spring, and they all got grossed out- eh, what do they know!?! :) Glad you had fun on the honeymoon! I'm still in withdrawl from your beachy wedding weekend- only 8 months until June, right? lol...
Happy Birthday too!
V
Post a Comment