Saturday, September 24, 2005

Remember Me!!!!?

My online diary is feeling bad about herself because no one is commenting. Hey, that bear entry was pretty funny, you must admit.

Anyway, whatever. Right now, life feels pretty good. John and I both just got huge-o-mungo paychecks due to overtime hours and the after school program. It doesn't mean that we're rich or anything, but it looks like we won't have to put our flowers and cake on credit cards, thank goodness.

I am also going to buy a hand mixer today. I am just sick and tired (hahaha!) of not having one. That and a cookie sheet. Do you know how many things need to be cooked on a cookie sheet? It's ridiculous. And guess what I am going to do? I am going to have a Remember Grandma Curie day. I'm going to make meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and peas (from a can, of course, just like she did). I think I'll buy some crackers and Cheez-Whiz, too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There you go making me cry again. Mom's birthday is coming up. Aunt Cathy just bought a book and when she opened the front, it had a dedication to Mary Lou Carney. Isn't that strange? I can't believe you don't have a hand mixer. What did you do to mix things? Try putting salsa in the meatloaf. That is good. Who is going to spread the cheese whiz on your cracker. I tell you it is going to make you cry. MOM

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to Cathy. If mom knew about salsa she would try it. After all she made those waikiki meatballs. They looked like you just ate corn and pooped it out. If she would make that, she would make anything. MOM

Anonymous said...

Mom would never eat salsa. It usually has peppers and chunks of onion in it and she wasn't a big fan of either of those. Listen to Cathy and make it the way mom would have. We just had that same meal the other night. Oh, by the way, every time I eat Cheez Whiz on crackers, I think of you and mom. Cathy's right about the crying thing too. You have to get a mixer, otherwise how are you ever going to make cutouts at Christmas? It wouldn't be Christmas without those.

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me. I put my name in but it came up anonymous. Cheryl

Amanda said...

Hahaha. You guys make me laugh. I think I will actually put salsa in the meatloaf because John doesn't really like meatloaf, and I think he will like it more with salsa in it.

I may get orange creamsicles as well. The last thing I remember her saying to me was asking me to get the orange creamsicles out of the freezer. She couldn't because it hurt to stand up and reach, I think. I was finally tall enough to reach the freezer, and she said, "What would I do without you?"

When really I should have been asking, "What will I do without you?"

Anonymous said...

You

Anonymous said...

did!!

Amanda said...

I thought I was getting SPAM comments!