Okay, so John left for work the other night at about 9:15. As soon as he has pulled away, my phone rings. I know it's John because he's pretty much the only person who calls me (except Mom).
He says, "I just wanted to let you know not to open the door. I just saw a bear. It was getting into our trash..."
I reply, "What?!"
"It was just a little bear," he says.
"A BEAR?"
So I immediately called Kari, because I figure she'll enjoy this story more than anyone I know. Plus, she just moved to North Carolina and I know there's probably just as many freaky animals there as there are here. She answers the phone sounding like she just woke up from a three hour nap...
I tell her, "I just wanted to call and talk to someone because I'm kind of freaked out right now. There's a bear outside my door."
Well now she is definitely fully awake and laughing hysterically.
As I'm explaining the situation, I notice a cockroach on the door frame...or some kind of strange, large bug that looks like a cockroach (probably got in as John was opening the door). I try to kill it with a broom (that doesn't work very well, by the way) and finally start trying to smash it with the handle of the broom. As I'm doing this, I am still on the phone, shouting, "DIE! DIE! DIE!"
I have some major pest control issues.
Then, as if that wasn't enough, I notice that Rosa (cat) is still going crazy over the gigantic dragonfly (their bodies are about the diameter of a broom handle) that is stuck between our back patio doors.
Not to mention the three tree frogs climbing on the outside of the windows. We have three tree frog pets that sleep all day around the patio door, white as ghosts because they change color to match whatever they're sitting on. There's Earl and Frieda (they're married) and their retired uncle, Zeke.
Sunday, September 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment