Friday, January 28, 2005

People Pleasers

I'm reading a book about people pleasers and how they destroy their own lives by trying to please others.

Hahaha. That's not really the main idea of the book, but really, that is the gist of it!

So far I have made some changes! Ya'll would be proud a me. :)

I've confronted others when I'm angry, upset, or disagree. Really! I even made the cafeteria ladies give my students a special treat because the kids sitting across from them at the lunch table got these yummy brownies and my students didn't get any! Isn't that wrong? I asked the ladies why and they said that it was the last batch (in one line, but the other line had none, and they were going through at the same time, so the kids didn't really understand that). And I said, "Well, the kids are pretty upset...and rightly so, because the kids right across from them have brownies that are huge with sprinkles on them and they look really really good. Do you have anything else that you could give to the students who didn't get a brownie? Or maybe you could cut some in half?"

Come on people.

I have also confronted my principal about two things in the past week. My principal! Way to go, me. And you know what? It does make things better, even if I do get a few enemies. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! I am so proud of you. MOMMY

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to be able to tell people what you really think, instead of just sitting there and not saying anything. Thanks to some really special people, I have become much more assertive and I feel a lot better about myself, for not just sitting there and taking it. Open your mouth and speak your mind, you'll like yourself a lot more, and believe it or not, people will actually respect you more because of it. Keep up the good work. Love you, Cheryl