Monday, August 23, 2004

I'm Tired

If you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because I wake up every day at 5 am and work until about 7 or 8, which means I get home at 8 or 9, and then I eat, pack my lunch for the next day, and go to sleep. So yes, I'm tired.

Teaching is a lot of work. I don't think I could be a mom at the same time. I am not kidding, it is like having 17 kids of my own. I do everything for them. I tie their shoes, fill their waters, get their folders ready, etc. etc. I love them all...they're such cuties. But good heavens, it's so much work!!!!!

4 comments:

Alison said...

I had a seminar for student teaching today, and the Early Childhood advisor told the Early Childhood student teachers to get flu shots because "you are the kids' snot rags." I thought that was pretty funny. :)

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't first graders know how to tie their shoes? Maybe you are doing too much for them. Even in kindergarten, Miss Bishop would have a fit if a kid couldn't snap thier own pants or tie something. She sent a note home that said to make sure they wear things they could do themselves. Of course you wouldn't want to be like her. LOL!!! MOM

Anonymous said...

Heck, I feel like I'm tying my 7th graders' shoes half the time, and it's only been two days! Yikes! Yeah, this teaching thing is nuts. Oh, well. Only 29.9 more years to go! ;)

Veronica

Anonymous said...

That is funny, Veronica!!!!