Sunday, December 28, 2003

Sigh. So much to do! Travel agent, bank stuff, etc. etc...but it's been the weekend and surgery is Monday (tomorrow). It's really inconvenient to have surgery on a Monday. I have a lot of things to do. Trying not to think about all that.

My old youth pastor called tonight. That was super nice, and we prayed together on the phone. I love praying on the phone. It's so cool that I've had so many people praying for me this whole time because I totally feel it...just an inner peace you know? And no, it's not just the EXTRA inner PIECE inside of me (Mr. Furby). hahaha.

I feel like griping a lot. I keep erasing what I write because it's a lot of complaining. I'm not a negative thinker...it just so happens that this is a great place to let it all out. :)

I've decided that when I get a snake I am going to name her Melusina, after the mythical Fairy Melusina, a creature that was a woman most of the time but turned into a half-serpent on Saturdays. I think that sounds very interesting.

I also think my next cat will be named after a writer. I've had an artist (Toulouse), a composer (Mozart) and next I think I'll choose a writer. It all depends on what the cat looks and acts like, of course, but I think it'd be neat if it was a black cat or something and I named him "Eddie" after Edgar Allan Poe. Ooooooooooooooh. Or, if it was a girl kitty, I could name her "Jane" after Jane Austen. Orrrr I could name a cat after a Shakespeare character, like Desdemona.

Choosing names is a very, very important thing and should be taken VERY seriously.

Well, I have to be at the ol' hospital at 6:30 am tomorrow!! Happy Surgery Day! Every morning I've woken up lately, thinking, "Oh my goodness, is this the day I have surgery?!" And I start to panic. But tomorrow is the day. The big day. The day of the surgery that I don't know what will happen or what exactly they will end up doing. It's got all the suspense of a "Choose Your Own Ending" mystery. So...I won't be writing for a while. I'll be in the hospital a few days, and I'll probably be back home New Year's Eve. John is babysitting me on New Year's Eve. :) It's going to be the best New Year's Eve ever...I'll fall asleep at 8...I'll be drugged up on Vicodin....maybe we can make this a tradition!

I'm just glad there won't be saurkraut.

Eck!!!!

No comments: