Friday, April 02, 2010

Resurrection

Please check back for Friday Funnies tomorrow. We'll have Saturday Sillies instead. Today is Good Friday so I feel kind of inappropriate making jokes. Also, please note that there are TWO posts today and make sure you read the news about our baby boy below!

Anyway, I heard such good information in my SWI class last night. The cross and resurrection were explained more clearly than I'd ever heard before. I will try to retell it later, I think.

This Easter, the death of Christ and His resurrection mean more to me than ever. I can't go into all the details with you, but there are some really terrible things going on with friends lately. I understand more clearly now how sin separates us from God. And to think Jesus took that sin upon himself, paying the penalty for us, leaves me in awe.

I don't understand why He did it. I know He did it because He loves us and that all things are for His glory. But I'm completely stupified as to why, or how He loves us this much. In my finite mind, this makes no sense to me. There are women in jail who actually killed their own children. And Jesus LOVES children--He took THAT sin upon himself?! WHY?! The pain he must have felt on that cross. I cannot fathom it.

Anyway, I feel a little disgusted with myself and mankind, but thank God we have a Savior.

More on this later maybe.

No comments: