First thing to grab in Easter basket: The book. Second thing: The purple egg. That's my girl!
I think I came up with a weird tradition.
Because I wasn't really comfortable combining fun pagan rituals with the resurrection of Christ, I decided to just make two days of it. Which would benefit us financially and maybe...a little...spiritually. So this is what we did. I didn't actually plan it this way, but this is the way it happened, and perhaps we'll do this again next year.
Sunday morning, we read the resurrection story from the book of Luke, since that's the book John and I are reading through right now. We go to church Sat. nights, so no church Sunday morning.
Then we went to Grammy and Grampy's house (John's grandparents on his mother's side), where Maryn got to meet her Uncle Mark, Aunt Dena, and cousins Ben (who reminds everyone he is 6 and a HALF) and Eva (who is four and a HALF), for the first time. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of this event because I forgot my memory card. Argh! Dena took some great pictures though, so hopefully I'll be able to steal some from her Facebook. Ben and Eva made Maryn some great Easter cards, and we had a wonderful meal. We also got to see Aunt Meghann (John's sister), who will be graduating from high school very soon. Yay!
Monday (today), Maryn and I did a little Easter clearance sale shopping. We hit CVS, Books-A-Million and Sweetbay. There were no Cadbury or Reese's eggs in sight! I did, however, get a bag of Snickers miniatures, a bag of Reese's miniatures, and Robin Eggs. At Books-A-Million, I bought two new board books for Maryn. So Maryn's first Easter basket cost under $10. Not bad. And, I plan on hiding away her new books in a couple weeks to be used again in next year's Easter basket. She'll never know (until she's older and sees the videos and pictures of the same books she got three years in a row). All the Jesus books were gone, so we got some good ol' pagan ones. Eh, I guess fertility is a good thing, too.
When we got home from shopping, John and I quickly made up Maryn's Easter basket, snapped photos, read her books, filmed a video, and hid her eggs around her exersaucer. Maryn found all four eggs hidden around her exersaucer. She is a genius, for sure.
Maybe I'll get the video on here in the next few years, but here are some pictures to get you started. My camera is taking very blurry pictures. Probably because the battery is nearly dead. I think I might have to start charging you all for my blog and pictures!
4 comments:
This might not work if you work on Mondays :(
That's a bummer you don't have church on Easter morning. We could have gone to church Thursday, Friday afternoon and evening, Saturday, and twice on Sunday morning if we had wanted to!
The Easter egg hunt around the exersaucer was too cute.
I love these pictures. They couldn't get any better. I have looked at them 4 times already this morning and I am not getting any work done, but who cares? I can't believe she just loved that purple egg that much. Did you peel it and let her at least taste a little of the egg white?
so much fun to have a little kid at Easter time. We did not buy so much as ONE piece of candy or coloring any eggs or anything. The boys didn't want any of that and we are just a family of old people living here now! No fun silly kid stuff! :o)
Enjoy Maryn while you can!
Cathy
I found peanut butter cup eggs (a 6 pack!) at target. They were just randomly lying around. Yes, I've eaten 5 already, and I'm sure the final one will be gone before naps are over:-)
Cute easter pics.
Post a Comment