Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lazy Days

Today I decided to act like a stay at home dad. Interpretation: I didn't do much cleaning. I didn't do much of anything. I played with Maryn, I watched two movies (Mr. Deeds and The Truman Show), and I ate cold pizza for lunch. I hope I can get a little more accomplished tomorrow.

Yesterday we did so much, and I cleaned the house pretty much top to bottom. There just wasn't a whole lot to do today, so I figured it was a good day to take a break. It was, and I feel pretty good.

Tomorrow, I think I will start working out. Now that I am nursing a lot less, the weight is coming back on. I'm afraid I'll have to stop eating two to five brownies every day, and everything else in sight (last night I ate a bag of chocolate chips).

I know this is kind of personal, but I remember wondering before and during pregnancy about weight and all that stuff. So I'll share with you. I weighed 115 before pregnancy, and I weighed 150 in my 42nd week of pregnancy. Two weeks ago, I weighed 113 lbs! But this week I'm back up to 116. I know 116 isn't anything to worry about, but you know, eating a bag of chocolate chips isn't exactly healthy, and neither is sitting around watching movies all day. So I am going to start taking better care of myself. I don't have a weight loss goal in mind, but I would like to look and feel a little healthier.

5 comments:

Richard Kendle said...

I don't think that I agree with your "stay-at-home dad interpretation. I can say, that that is my attitude at times after I come home from work. However, God is working in my heart in that regard :).

Amanda said...

Richard, I think this is a woman only blog!

Just kidding. :) Thank you for your comments. I will pray for you...and all the other lazy...I mean...dads out there.

mom said...

I am with you sister...

Erin said...

i think i weighed 113 pounds in 3rd grade... hee hee. you look great, but totally understand about wanting to be healthy. we should take the girls on a walk in their strollers :)

Kendra_Kendle said...

Yeah, I think you need to put a height disclaimer on here. The only time I've ever weighed 113 pounds is when I had mono, and I looked anorexic.

I need to diet! I'm not losing the weight like I did w/ the first two :( And, I have to wear the size 8 bridesmaid dress that I bought for Seth and Liz's wedding in September!

I've been slacking on my work-outs, too. I'm hoping Rachel and I might get together to walk this summer.