Sorry I haven't written in sooo long! We have been very busy. We moved this past weekend and are still in the process of unpacking. Work is hectic and I'm trying to pack up my classroom as well. I will post some pictures of our new house within a few days...maybe.
The new house and the old house were both very good, and there are a lot of things I'm going to miss about the old place. I'll miss the corian countertops in the kitchen and restrooms, the upgraded tile and fabulous appliances, the quiet dishwasher, washer, and dryer, and beautiful view of the sunset over the lake and golf course. But our new house is in a slightly better location, has four bedrooms, and an upstairs and downstairs. It's much better suited for babysitting and I won't have to carry a baby and groceries up three floors. The new house is a townhouse, which is of course more mom-and-kid friendly. Otherwise I'd be leaving the baby upstairs for a few minutes while I went down to get the groceries. I don't know if I'd be really happy with that. The new house has a great garage, a huge driveway and lots of parking spaces available for our guests.
We're going to start hosting our "home group," which is like a Bible study. It contains 8 people total and we really don't have the space or furniture for them. Although the upstairs in the townhouse is huge, the downstairs is very small. I like that it's cozy, but it's not going to be great for a big group. It's making me itch for new furniture that will take up less space but seat more people (like an L-shaped couch and a new dining room table). I hate it when I want something I can't have.
The new house also smells like new carpet. It is almost entirely carpeted, which is disturbing to me. Especially since I will be babysitting four year olds. Carpet is good for babies, though. It's much softer. I just need to get this carpet smell out of my house. Toxins, toxins, toxins. Sigh. We're probably going to get some plants, but how much can a few little plants do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am excited to see your new place. Have a room ready for me in September (preferably away from the crying baby) LOL!!!!
Are you kidding? Your guest room in going to be IN the baby's room! Mwahaha.
Post a Comment