Saturday, May 10, 2008

I just can't stop talking about babies.

John finally felt Maryn move! It was so exciting. He was getting quite frustrated and jealous, and it was so neat to finally see him experience what I get to feel all the time. You should have seen his face. I'm really going to love that proud father look. When she colors a beautiful picture. When she writes her name for the first time. When she graduates from high school. And college. When she walks down the aisle.

Anyway, I was thinking about why pregnancy is so great. And here's what I came up with:

1. I get to carry my baby around with me 24-7.

2. She doesn't cry.

3. I don't have to feed her.

4. I don't have to change her diaper.

5. I might not be able to see her, but every kick and movement is still cute.

6. She's in the safest place she'll ever be. I really don't have to worry very much.

7. I feel like she's mine. All mine. No one else gets to feel her like I do. I know my baby first. I loved her first.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Amanda that sounds a little selfish. Just wait til that baby comes out and I only get to spend a week with her. You won't even know you have a baby. LOL!!! Now you know why I get so emotional all the time. Like when you graduated, went to college, went to New Zealand, MOVED TO FLORIDA, and when you got married.

Jeff of course said...

Yeah, I feel like 7 is a bit selfish. ;)

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is:
You better print out a copy of your blog this time. Laminate it or have it framed, cuz in about 13 years you are gonna want to read that over and over in your head from the first time she says....
WHATEVER!!!!!

Cathy

Amanda said...

Mom, she's all yours from 10 pm-6 am!