Monday, October 01, 2007

Boring Life

Some would think my life must be boring. I don't have much to write. In fact, a fourteen year old, who knows everything, of course, told me on Saturday that my life must really suck. It must suck because my pay is so low (it's not), we don't have an entertainment stand (who cares?), and I'm a first grade teacher (which I love).

But I could look this hard headed teenager in the eyes and say, "I love my life. I love my husband, my family, my friends, my home, and my job." And what percentage of the world can really say that? Not her, for sure.

You know what? So what if I can't tell you about my latest trip across the US in a beat up Chevy, or the late night I spent flirting around downtown? I spend my days singing songs about pumpkins, reading books about Siamese who pretend to be chihuahuas, and making applesauce with the help of 17 little pairs of hands.

I'm getting tired of negativity. From myself and especially from others when I'm feeling good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!!

Jeff of course said...

Encore!

Anonymous said...

You go GIRL!!! Let's hear it for us little people who Love spending time with other people's children!
To me, all the crazy little songs we sing, the goofy ways we act in class to hold a child's attention and the special feeling you get when a child comes over and lays their head on your shoulder and says, "I love you Miss Cathy", that just makes my whole day. I could care less what people say about what I should be doing with my life. I feel that this is what I should be doing and it is very fulfilling!
Do whatever makes your little heart happy! :o)

Jeff of course said...

You may want to read my latest post...by the way.