Exactly two years ago today, John and I were probably having our first dance as husband and wife. Either that or we were eating that delicious fried chicken I still have dreams about.
Anyway, it's just incredible. Every piece of it, every part of our lives, the good and the bad that brought us together and made us perfect for each other. All the manipulating, meandering and crying I used to do about who I wanted and when and where and why, to just know that the whole time God had a plan that was far better than anything I could have imagined.
Sometimes, especially when John does things like do the grocery shopping and pick up my messes, finish the laundry that I forgot about or remind me not to forget my cell phone, make coffee for me every single morning, scrambled eggs on Sundays, etc. etc....I just wonder, "Where did this guy come from?" I certainly never dreamed up a guy like that, one that could do those things PLUS everything else I could have asked for.
And what do I do for him? I think my biggest contribution to his life could be pure entertainment. Though I'm not funny enough to be a comedian, talented enough to be a singer, artist, or writer, for that matter, I do make a pretty interesting wife. That's for sure.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are very interesting. You also bring an interesting family to your realtionship. I bet there isn't another one like us in the whole world.
I bet the whole world is thankful there isn't another family like us. I don't think the world is ready for that!
Cheryl
Post a Comment