May is almost over and I've stopped crying myself to sleep.
My hell raising students have been extremely well-behaved in these last few weeks, thanks to my genius strategies.
Number One End of the Year Strategy: Bribe with candy. Lots of it.
Number Two End of the Year Strategy: Stick with the same exact schedule. I even gave them a test on Friday. They don't know their grade cards have already been printed.
Other news:
Last year, John and I took this class at church called "Crown Financial." Since then, we have been trying to become completely debt free in three years or less. We made a few other financial goals that seemed practically impossible. But we've been working hard, praying hard, and John has been an amazing budget keeper. Listen to this.
I did get my preschool job for the summer, which is absolutely a work of God. I kid you not, because I absolutely had no way of getting it. Easiest job, so rewarding, so fun, weekends off, only one month long. Two thousand buckaroos in my pocket. Heck yes.
I was offered a new opportunity for next year, instead of the after school program. It's tutoring a group of five kids for 60 dollars an hour. Are you kidding me? It's so much easier than what I do now, and I LOVE working with small groups like that.
John had his one year evaluation a few weeks ago, which means he got a raise. I was expecting a 50 cent raise, a dollar? He got a two dollar raise. Hallelujah!
Don't tell me God ain't in the miracle business.
"Therefore if you have been faithful in the use of worldly wealth, who will entrust the true riches to you?" Luke 16:11
check this out: www.crown.org
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was watching Joel Osteen on sunday morning and he was giving a sermon on how those who give will be rewarded by God. You and John do so much for others (not just with money but with your whole hearts) that God is rewarding you and you deserve it.
Post a Comment