Saturday, April 07, 2007

Exciting Saturday

My morning began after my usual spring break ten hours of sleep. I had to finish off the rest of the Raisin Bran Crunch, so I had an unusually large portion for breakfast. Before I knew it, John was home at noon and ready for lunch. I masterfully grilled up some hamburgers in a skillet and filled my belly once again, topping it off with a giant cup of coffee that was not needed. Hyperactivity soon set in, and I talked poor John's ear off all the way to Best Buy.

This is where we spent our life's savings on a new mouse. A computer mouse, that is. Following Best Buy, we then went to Petco to buy some pet food: some new sand for Hermie and a dead, frozen mouse. A real mouse, that is. As in mammalian.

Arriving back at home, we fed our starving animals and then I made dinner. I made dinner early so that it could go into the slow cooker, so that it would be ready after church tonight.

If you can't tell already, I'm getting tired of Spring Break. My life has been reduced to cooking, eating, and cleaning up. Cooking, eating, cleaning up. And laundry.

But I sure do love the ten hours of sleep (not to mention my mid-day two hour nap!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unlike you I am not ready to go back to work. One more day of freedom. Well actually I had to go into work tonight because some guy got locked in the bathroom. I have no idea how he did it but we had him out in just a few minutes. Then we went to Cheryl's. Rick said to tell you Hi and he misses you. Have a wonderful Easter!!

Amanda said...

Awww! I haven't seen Rick in ages. Tell him I said hi to him and all his family, and I miss them, too!