Sunday, September 03, 2006

Dinner Guests

Yes, we are having guests for dinner. John's mom and sisters. Do you want to know what we're having? Of course you do. I don't have anything else to write about and John and I have been cleaning and cooking all the live long day.

First, as appetizers, we are having chips and salsa, carrots and broccoli with veggie dip and flat bread with hummus (this meal is a little awkward because John's sisters have made the stupid decision to be vegetarians but don't really like vegetables).

Then, we are having John's famous cheeseburgers (he makes the best cheeseburgers and steaks that I have ever tasted) and he is grilling corn on the cob (also the best corn on the cob that I've tasted). He is also making some quesadillas on the grill for his sisters with homemade tortillas (since we practically live in Mexico now, it's the only way to go). Inside the quesadillas is the strangest thing ever concocted--tofu. Marinated tofu.

After that, we will be moving on to our dessert, which is my specialty. I made little phyllo pastry shells (I LOVE phyllo pastry, as you may remember if you are a faithful reader) and inside them I put cheesecake filling, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries with whipped cream on top.

Mmmmh. I am hungry.

In other news, I have officially applied for the Master's program in education at University of Florida. Hopefully I will be a GATOR this coming January. I just have to get an 800 on the GRE. That's only getting like half the questions right. Considering I'm averaging about 1 correct out of every ten math problems on the practice test, I could be in trouble.

John and I have decided to attend the men's and women's Bible studies at church on Weds. nights instead of hanging out with the youth group. Since I will be turning 25 in just a few days (NOVEMBER FOURTH! GET READY FOR IT AND DON'T FORGET!), we figured it was time to grow up and start hanging around adults. It's weird.

Just kidding. I love it. We're also taking a class at church on Sunday mornings called Crown Financial. It's going to teach us how to better manage our money, pay off our debts, stuff like that. I've heard from others that it totally changed their lives, so naturally we're hoping to be rich by next Tuesday.

Just kidding. :)

No comments: