Saturday, September 16, 2006

Cake Decorating

Well, I made my first cake and decorated it. It didn't go as well as I had hoped, but I did all right. I always think that I'll come out of these things being some super talented, artistic master of the world, and of course I am disappointed.

I would just like to thank my Aunt Cheryl, from the bottom of my heart, for making my second birthday cake. I think she made my first birthday cake, too. All those stars...hell. The closest thing to hell I know is making a row of stars. It's overwhelmingly boring and tedious.

I didn't feel like coloring the frosting, so my cake was decorated with a white rainbow and white writing. It says "Rosa" on it. It's very tasty, even though it is not very beautiful. At least I do know how to layer cakes very nicely now and can frost it halfway decently. I also know how to make the frosting the right consistencies and I'm the best person in our class at making a rose.

The people in my class are not very friendly (I made up the Tuesday class I missed on Thursday). They all have friends with them and don't talk to me. It's just like my college education classes with all the blonde Chi Alpha Nu girls. Lonely.

The thing I'm learning is: Buying a cake at Publix (or Beuhler's) is worth every penny!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN sister!! I would rather buy a cake then bake it anyday. Ask JR how many cakes I have made since we have been married these 13 years. I think the number is 2 and that was just because he bitched about it. The ones I did make were with a can frosting and I sooooo did not decorate it.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I would rather make a cake than buy one any day. One year, I told Jeremy and Glen that they had to make my birthday cake, so Jeremy did it and decorated it and he did a pretty good job, so I know you can do it. I saw a little girl at Marc's on Saturday that looked so much like you when you were about 3 that it would have made your mom cry.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot to sign, Love Cheryl