Guess what? I signed up for a cake decorating class at Jo-Ann's! I'm so excited. I wanted to do a sewing class, but it was from 6:00-9:00 and that's too late for me. I'm hoping my Aunt Cheryl's cake decorating talent is somewhere in my genes. This level one class will teach me how to make one of those character cakes, with all those star things like the one I had for my second birthday.
Then, if I really like doing it and am somewhat good at it, I'll take the level 2 and 3 class and practically be a cake decorating professional. I don't really know how cake decorating is very useful, considering perfectly wonderful cakes are not very expensive. But, it's nice to impress people with my beautiful talents. Since I can't play ultimate frisbee, I figure why not try cake decorating?
Cake decorating is kind of an expensive hobby. I really hope it's worth it. :)
The actual school year is almost here! I am SO excited. I love back to school week. New supplies, new students who are still quiet and shy. How exciting. I miss MOST of my fellow first grade teachers so much, and I'm hoping to try starting a Bible study at my school. Which is really, really terrifying for me. It's going to be a great year!
Just pray that this kid, Max is NOT in my class, or my entire year will be hell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
When I was student teaching, I had a kid in my class named Max. He was Jewish, and the one day we were talking about what careers the kids wanted to have, and he said that he wanted to be the pope.
:)
Okay, I'll just hop on the plane with my Turkey Cake!
Well Cathy, you did say "work on it" so that would mean she should work on it and bring it with her. So her remark isn't quite as dumb as I had originally thought.
Post a Comment