Friday, October 14, 2005

Swamped

Hello! Earth to Amanda 10 months ago! What were you thinking scheduling your wedding for October?!!!!

October just so happens to be, like, the busiest month of school. First grade cards, first open house, first major testing, first adjustments being made to adapt to my new class and their needs...

And since I am so majorly into this union rep thing, I've really um...gotten myself in trouble in a few situations. To make a long story short (sorry for that really terrible cliche), I emailed my New Zealand "colleagues" about the jacked up way our school is doing "guided reading." Our school sometimes thinks it is SO GREAT. Well, the things they want us to do are just plain loco.

Anyway, I told my NZ friends this stuff, and they emailed me back...professional opinions, professional advice, on what our guided reading should look like. In case you didn't know, guided reading comes from NZ...they are reading gurus and have proven they do it best. So America adopted this idea and completely blew it all to Timbuctu.

ANYWAY, I copied and pasted their comments (which pretty much said that the way we are doing guided reading is completely wrong and insane and advised me on what it SHOULD be), and sent it to all the teachers in our school.

HA! Our principal is just not a happy camper, not to mention the reading specialist the berated me today.

Then I get into this car accident. A crazy, stupid car accident that was not my fault even though Florida is a "no-fault state." My car is significantly damaged and is in the shop for at least a week. In the meantime, I get to drive this awesome Mazda 6. I have never pictured myself in a Mazda, but I'm liking it.

Since the accident, I have had a case of the loonies. Forgetful...losing everything (Mom, make no comment).

So, John's cell phone is broken, my cell phone got left in my classroom for the weekend (it was that truck driver who hit me's fault...to make a long story short), and I'm slowly losing my mind.

Perhaps God just doesn't want me to be completely focused on the wedding. Then I might really go nuts.

I really haven't been thinking about the wedding much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO
COMMENT