for the wedding and hurricane Wilma!
Most of our preparations are DONE! Since I know many of you flip out when anything occurs south of the Mississippi, I just thought I'd let you know...
John and I are keeping a very close eye on Hurricane Wilma and taking tips from smart, cautious people we know in the area. We're not listening to the freaks that stay at home no matter what. Situations like this actually make me grateful for the situation in New Orleans, because it seems that people are being much, much more cautious about this than they were with Charlie, Ivan, Rita, etc., last year.
From Weather.com: After that (being in the extreme southern Gulf of Mexico), Wilma is expected to come under the influence of westerly winds aloft blowing across the Gulf. That should shift the hurricane toward the Florida Peninsula, probably the southern part of the peninsula, this weekend. Wilma is expected to be weakening by then, but weakening is a relative term and Wilma may still be a major hurricane (winds over 110 mph) when it makes landfall.
Well, it does look pretty bad, but already from experience we know there is no use in evacuating yet. Chances are if we evacuated to the central area of the state, Wilma would hit that area the hardest. You just can't tell yet.
We are stocked up on supplies, water, batteries, weather radio and such. Please pray for us, and, in case of emergency, we have designated my mom and JR as our contact persons.
It is very highly likely that our electricity will go out. It always does. We do have car chargers for our cell phones, so as long as Cingular does their job, we'll be able to contact you or receive calls. I'm giving my mother a list of phone numbers in case we become unreachable.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Our prayers and thoughts are with you. Glen's son Adam and his wife and little boy are in Clearwater which I believe is north of you. I hope everything goes well, and your wedding can go on as planned. Sorry we can't be there, but it just isn't in our budget right now. Love
We are praying that all goes well for you and all those in the path of this hurricane. Love and Happy Wedding!
Vicky
Oh, Amanda... you are sooooo wonderful! :) Looking forward to seeing you soon!
V
Post a Comment