Friday, September 10, 2004

Not AGAIN!

All right, all right, so Charley was terrible and Frances was worse than just bad...but Ivan could totally be the killer of us all. Everyone here seems to be taking it VERY seriously since those who didn't take Charley seriously learned their lesson...

Even Dave, John's stepdad, was talking about us escaping to North Carolina...and he would even come with us...(he's a water geologist of some sort and so he usually stays for these things) so if he's planning on leaving too, that means he is pee-in-his-pants-skeered which is of course, not very settling to me.

In case you don't know, Naples is the second-most southern county in FL and we are about 20-30 minutes from the coast. Sanibel isn't far at all from us, and it got ransacked by Charley. Right now, Ivan is a category 4 storm...but it could go up or down at the last minute or totally change direction.

And we're not having school Monday.

I'm thankful for the vacation, of course...but come on people, I can't get much at all done in four day weeks! It totally cancels out spelling tests, that's for sure.

I sent a boy to the principal's office today and a little girl peed her pants...how eventful!

AND my principal and these two very important looking people came in my classroom today just as one of my reading groups grabbed "Connect Four" to play during our literacy block. I didn't say anything because they had already started playing and their normal workstation (the classroom library), they had just packed into boxes (because of the hurricane). This is a BIG NO NO. Our literacy block is supposed to be totally uninterrupted literacy time, which as far as I know does not involve Connect Four. I'm waiting to get reamed for that one. Crap crap crap.

It was a HORRIBLE day to visit my classroom because I was sick lastnight and this morning so everything was a mess and just....oh dear....and it wasn't just my principal, it was these two other people that she was probably trying to impress and...

Okay, I'll stop.

:-(

3 comments:

Alison said...

How do you handle that, when a kid pees her pants? Does she just go to the office/clinic? I'm glad that doesn't happen (much) in high school. :) We just have to worry about kids having sex in the bathroom, but that's a whole other story. :)

Be safe.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that your principal knows that it was not an ordinary day. They have to expect that. If they are packing up the library and these kids know another hurricane is coming, I am sure they are not in a learning mode. I wouldn't worry about it. They are lucky to get such a great teacher as yourself. Keep yourself safe and if your house gets flattened you can always come home. MOM

Amanda said...

Have you been praying for this to happen, mom? :) Just kidding :) Not that I would doubt it!