Do any of you know that song?
Well, that's where we're going--Georgia. Augusta to be exact. We tried to get a more exciting place but the hotels were booked. Florida residents are flying north. We don't know for sure (of course) if it's coming for us now because it looks like it's definitely going towards the panhandle.
We're leaving in a few hours. You can reach me on my cell phone if you need me (330) 343-3877. Our windows are all boarded up and I have almost all my clothes packed and my valuables and my important documents. What a pain...now I'll have to unpack it all eventually. Sigh :) We took pictures of other valuables that we can't take and recorded their serial numbers (John's bike, tvs, dvd players, stereos, etc.) and took a video of the house.
We're going to Orlando tonight to stay over with John's aunt and uncle and cousins...they are awesome, awesome people and I'm really excited.
So I guess we could use a lot of prayer--mostly that people stay sane and don't do stupid things, because that seems to kill more people than does a hurricane.
Peeing Pants Reply to Alison: Hehehe. This little girl was hilarious when she peed her pants. She wasn't embarassed at all. She just smiled and announced to the class, "I just couldn't hold it! So I had a little accident!" And some of the other kids just smiled and said, "That's okay!" And then the little class clown chimes in, "Yeah, we don't care if you peed your pants!" And all the kids laughed, including Beth (the peed pants girl) as she walked out the door. I sent her to the clinic with another student. The clinic gave her another set of clothes. Problem solved :) No biggie.
I have another girl in my class that pees her pants nearly every day, but her adoptive mom works there so she always has another set of clothes at school.
Saturday, September 11, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment