Monday, June 14, 2004

I Fed the Snake...All By Myself!

I got a mouse at the pet store. I put it on top of my car as I was trying to find my keys. As I was looking for my keys, a gust of wind blew by and I heard a SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEK! And the mouse box was gone. My exact words, I believe, were "Oh no, mousey!!!!" I ran to the other side and there the box was on its side. The mouse was okay. Thank goodness! Poor little thing! I felt terrible. And then, when I got home, I dropped him in the snake cage. He sniffed around with his little pink nose...he seemed pretty comfortable. "So this is my new home!" He thought, perched on top of the snake's little hut (He looked kind of like Stuart Little). But someone ELSE was sniffing around too and that was...Mr. Snake. He jumped out SO FAST I almost had a heart attack. And boom, the mouse was being bitten and strangled, struggling and convulsing and bleeding. It was great. And then the snake licked him all up to get him nice and wet for the slippery slide down his throat. And then little mousey was gone. Mr. Snake went back into his home, and as I walked back up to the cage, he peeked out a little, and then a little more, and a little more, sticking his tongue out to smell me...I think he was saying "thank you." Now, Mr. Snake is sleeping soundly. What an adrenaline rush!

No comments: