So one of the reasons I haven't posted is because Google says I have to pay more money to load pictures on here. Boo. I think we'll figure something out soon though. I just wanted to jot down a few things here tonight.
We took Josiah to an ENT a few weeks ago and the doctor thought that Josiah's tonsils and allergies were not bad enough to require surgery till he was older. I told the doctor at that appointment I was worried about his sleep because it seems like he stops breathing in his sleep, but the doctor kind of looked at me like I was crazy and said we could record the sound of him sleeping on our phone and bring it in for him to listen. So we did and the doctor agreed he does indeed have some sleep apnea. Also, yesterday at his appointment, his tonsils looked miserable (far worse than our first appointment) and his ears still had fluid in them, so the doctor wants to get his adenoids and tonsils out as soon as possible and possibly put tubes in his ears.
I am feeling so relieved! I have expected and wanted Josiah to have this surgery since he was born. He's always sounded awful to me while he sleeps but our pediatrician and every other doctor that has seen him has said he sounds fine. But he doesn't sound fine at night at all and has always had weird waking up issues, including sleep walking and talking.
But when we got home I opened the folder the ENT office gave us and the pamphlet right inside is titled "Pediatric Surgery," and ugh, those words give me the shivers. Sooooooo instead of just floating through this surgery thing like it's nothing, I am going to try to practice letting myself feel and be emotional, and yet cast all my anxiety on God, because He cares for me, and He cares for our sweet boy Josiah!
I think this surgery is going to mean great changes for him. I think he will sleep a lot better, feel a lot better, be much more active (yay) in some ways but maybe more attentive in some ways, too. He's gone through life feeling tired, I think, and honestly John and I are pretty tired, too!
Here's to a more comfortable life and better sleep. Your prayers are greatly appreciated! We have never gone through anything like this with our kids before! Usually I am the one having surgery and for some strange reason I really prefer it that way.
Maryn is jealous. Of course. :-p
Friday, December 07, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I had a tough time whwn they wheeled jordan in the operating room. Only 1 of us were allowed to go in until they put him to sleep. So i let jr go as i would have been a cryng mess. Actually i have been the same way at all of your surgeries too. It's tough on the mommys
I think you will all be glad you did this. I wish they had taken mine out when I was young. I really think it would have made a huge difference in my life. Look how much it helped Jordan. The thought of surgery on one so young is scary, but I am sure he will be fine and agree that he will probably enjoy life a lot more. I really admire that you didn't just take what the other doctors said and drop it. You are a great mom for standing up for that little guy. Love you guys.
Aunt Cheryl
Surgery is hard and scary-but remembering that they are in God's hands just as much then as they are when they are playing, reading, sleeping is a great comfort. So glad and thankful for medicine. When is the surgery?
When will Doctors start to understand that mothers know their children the best.
I had to beg for our Doctor to put my oldest on preventive breathing treatments before he finally said ok.
My oldest also need tubes and belive me they did wonders for her.
Post a Comment