Monday, August 29, 2011

My buddy


I think I have been subconsciously putting off this post because it pains me a little to write it.  I can't believe a year has passed.  I can't believe 13 months ago, I did not know this little guy.  13 months ago, we had not yet been blessed with his cute little grin, his sweet little body sitting quietly in my lap, his chubby fingers holding on to me tightly like a little koala, his precious giggles and loud, sometime obnoxious yells, drumming, and slamming.  Josiah is our buddy.  He actually responds to the word Buddy better than he responds to the word Josiah.  :)
 Josiah is 22 pounds and all boy.  Aside from his efforts to put skirts and necklaces over his head, anyway.  He does things that Maryn could never figure out.  He's played with cars since he was so tiny.  He figured out those pull and let go cars months ago, and quickly learned how to hop onto his Spiderman car and make it go.  Our cute little Cheerios game I used to play with Maryn, wrapping them in wax paper and trying to let her figure out how to get them out?  She loved that-the twisting and pulling.  Josiah just tears through it, eats the paper if he has to.  Snack traps?  Forget it!  He reaches in, gets as many goodies in his fist as possible, and pulls it all out.
 With a girl, you figure, oh she'll learn that's yucky if she puts it in her mouth enough times.  Not so with Mr. Josiah.  He loves sticks, grass, and his favorite--sweet gum tree seed pods.  Mmmh Mmmh, and he never learns that they are yucky.  They are yum.  Anything dirty and disgusting...is yummy.
 He is the ladies man of the nursery, wooing every nursery worker and girl baby.  He is my handsome little fella.  I love him to pieces.
 And so does everyone else!




He's not walking yet, but everything else he's doing "on time" I believe.  He's even saying Maryn, we think.  He calls her Na-Na, and if he really tries he can sometimes get out a Na-Nin.  Other words he says are Mama, Dada, banana, and ball, but he does repeat a lot of words if we say them enough times.  I think he said Grandma and Grandpa when we were in Tennessee.  He is quite a jabber jaws despite having a big sister to do the talking for him.

Maryn and Josiah have really been playing together.  She loves to "be the babysitter" and have him in her room with her.  It's really very sweet.  She's getting better at sharing with him, and with others.

We love you, Josiah.

No comments: