Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm certainly not doing THAT crap again. Ever.

As most of you know, we chose the natural childbirth route last time. And Maryn was two weeks late. Our midwife tried lots of little "midwife tricks." Though I appreciated my midwife for many, many other reasons, I did not appreciate her tricks. 1.) They didn't work. 2.) Most people and every research study says they never work.

The other day I came across this post about castor oil, which was one of the things we tried to stimulate labor. And I felt it was my duty to pass on the word that this is the most awful thing ever, and never try it. No matter how late you are! Like the woman in this post, it just made me sore, exhausted and miserable. Not what you want at 10+ months pregnant.

In fact, the only method that is suspected to work in stimulating labor is pumping. But you have to pump (breast pump) a lot. A LOT.

No comments: