Monday, October 26, 2009

No Time For Flash Cards!

I was looking for some ideas for sensory tubs and came across this fun mommy site:

No Time for Flashcards

It has a lot of good ideas for toddlers. Maryn is kind of young for most sensory types of activities because she still likes to put a lot of things--especially fun feeling things--in her mouth. Today I put a little tub together full of those little pom-poms. I knew it was a bad idea, but I also knew the little one I babysit would love it. He did. Maryn did, too. Well, she loved how they felt in her MOUTH anyway. I know, I know. Children Maryn's age feel and explore with their mouths. Oh well. It didn't hurt her, and I figured they'd be practically impossible to swallow.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you moms had ideas for sensory tubs/sensory tables? Or, take a look at the website above and tell me some of your favorite ideas.

Maryn is loving sticky and scratchy things right now. So I guess I will look for things like that. Play doh--even edible Play doh--is a little too much for her right now. She'll eat a 2 liter of Play doh if I let her and you can just forget her trying to play with it. I guess I taught her not to play with her food a little too well...

AND (Mom) if you're desperately trying to think of things to get Maryn for Christmas and know that I am already freaking out about all the clutter in this place, do take a look at the site and visit a craft store. Or hardware store. Maryn LOVES sandpaper! We also really need crayons. Big crayons, triangular crayons. Paper. And maybe a shelf to organize all this stuff...

2 comments:

Michele said...

I asked for craft supplies last Christmas...and I think I'm going to do it again this year....I'm pretty much out of finger & tempera paint. GREAT ideas for grandparents....Craft supplies, LOVE THEM!

Unknown said...

You just gave me soooooo many ideas for Christmas! Crafty, crafty, crafty is what I say!!!!