I still haven't found a hobby, which is rather annoying during the NCAA tournament. I want to be able to sit and watch the games, but I just can't. I just can't sit still. Maybe if I had something to do with my hands, I could manage this feat. These are the activities I've considered:
1. Crochet or Knitting: I can't do this. I've tried dozens of times and just can't do it.
2. Sewing: HA!
3. Cross Stitch: Who would I cross stitch for? Do I know anyone who likes cross stitch?
4. Scrapbooking/Card Making: Not only do I HATE scrapbooking, but I just don't see the point. My pictures are just fine in a box. Plus, too expensive and too messy.
5. Plastic Canvas or Latch Hook Rugs: Could I get any more lame? I think this was an okay thing to do in the 70s, at least for my mom...not cool for me. I really would have no friends. Can I make anyone a Kleenex box cover???
6. Writing or reading: Not able to multi-task with these.
7. Grade papers: Borrring. The great thing about first graders who come from Spanish speaking homes is I can throw away half of their papers. No one notices :)
8. I suck.
Any ideas?
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ok!! Cathy is just too wierd. I didn't like that comment about me being lame for doing plastic canvas. I made some pretty cool things with that. I can also crochet some neat things so there!!!!
I said that in the 80s it must have been cool to plastic canvas, and I'd love to crochet if I could!
Instead of cross-stitch, what about embroidery? It's waaaaay cooler (not cooler than plastic canvas, but then again...what is?), and you may end up with some awesome embellished clothing, towels, bags, you name it!
I recommend 'The Stitch-It Kit' and anything by Sublime Stitching: http://sublimestitching.com/oneindex.html
My first few pieces looked like crap, but you get good super-fast.
- Autumn
Post a Comment