Well, can you see that I have been busy?
No other word could possibly describe this week except for the one that starts with and "H" and ends with "ell." I'll explain briefly...
FCATs. It's the Florida high-stakes test (like the proficiencies. Well, during the FCAT, although it's for all the 4th-5th graders, the whole school is on lock-down from 8:00-10:30 or 11. That means...I am stuck in my portable with 17 children for four hours. I can take them outside after the FCATs are over for the day, but I still have to take them. No breaks for me. Nope, I can't even go to the bathroom. It's going to be interesting Monday as my...um..."monthly visitor" comes calling. So, my days this week and next week, I have no "planning time."
Planning time is 50 minutes of each day that I get to plan lessons, get the books I need, get copies made, find resources, go to the bathroom, etc. Not that 50 minutes a day is even CLOSE to what I need to do all that, but it sure does help. Teachers NEED planning time. It is also in my contract, the contract my principal is not following.
SOOOO I have buddied up with our union leader because I think this is all a bunch of crap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're right in some respects, but I would rather work 9-5 at a job where I'd get to go to bathroom when I needed to! And I will be trying to work in the summer as much as possible...if I weren't going to and from Ohio so much, I'd already have a job lined up, for sure! Anyway, I'm hoping to babysit in my free time here in our neighborhood...these rich people pay pretty well...I'd probably make a better salary babysitting! And to think...just three kids or so at a time! What a joy!
Ok...There are two jobs that have an empact on everyone. One is anything in the medical field....the other...teacher. Those are most important out there. One saves lives the other shapes them. In most cases the one who shapes them also may save a life or too.
The thing to remember is...get paid all you can while you can.
Blue collar workers do work alot...however, most companies are going to the 12hr work day. which gives workers three 12hr days and one 6hr day. This gives them half over half the week off. which gives them 6 months off that doesn't count there vacation and other days not at work.
IT all will even out in the end.
Post a Comment