Well, I didn't intend to start a debate with my last post. I certainly never complained about my salary and my hours...what is frustrating, however, is that I don't get to go to the bathroom when I need to. It's also a lot of pressure to have 18 children's test scores hanging over your head and to be constantly criticized for their improvement or lack there of. Some teachers just take their jobs seriously, so seriously that they put it on themselves to teach their students everthing humanly possible in a year. It's pressure because it isn't working with people's wood floors, pools, or cars. It's working with their children, and even in first grade, their future has so much to do with what they learn from me.
Anyway, I was sick today. I even had a temperature of 99.7, which is much higher than my usual 97.7. I haven't felt as sick as I did today in quite some time. John was home and took good care of me, thank goodness, because there were a few times I couldn't get off the couch. :) Fortunately, though, I kept the vomit down. I hate to throw up and I'd do anything to avoid it! I think my "fever" (if you can call it that) broke earlier and now my temp is back to normal. Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow because I have progress monitoring tomorrow and tests to give and a classroom door to decorate for this door decorating contest...I drew a great rendition of Yertle the Turtle for the cause and the kids are going to make paper plate turtles :)
Big news! Mia, the himalayan of the residence, gave birth to EIGHT kittens lastnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment