Monday, August 11, 2003

Well, we spent five hours in Charleston, WV and three hours in Columbia, SC on the way home (side note: People in SC are REALLY nice and EVERYONE in WV has a pick-up truck). We had some serious car troubles. But anyway, as we were driving home and I feared a little bit for my life because the transfer case below my seat was put back together with a combination of wire hanger, duct tape, and mysterious concoctions of stuff, I thought, these guys wouldn't be so bad to die with. But then I rethought that thought and began thinking of who I'd really choose to die with and I think I would choose Kari. Not that I want her to die, or that I'd really want her to die if I did, but I just think that--well, I really don't know why I think that. Maybe death would just be a little more interesting with Kari. I guess you get that bond with people after certain trials in life. So Kari, I thought of you! Don't you feel special?!

Quote of the Day:

(commenting on the book of Job)

"Human beings are sure to wander in ignorance and fall into error, and it is better--more righteous in the eyes of God--for them to react by questioning rather than accepting. Confronted with inexplicable injustice, it is better to be irate than resigned."

No comments: