Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Season December 2013

We are having a very special Christmas season.  I started reading, and am still skimming the e-book "A Simpler Season" by Jessica Fisher.  This book was recommended to me by my friend Johanna who has a blog called My Home Tableau.  Do like her page on facebook and follow her blog.  Her ideas and tips have really helped me simplify around here, she has lots of good book reviews, always passes on free e-book information, and writes a lot about efficiency and simplicity in the home.  Two things I need to be encouraged in especially as we add another family member to our mix.

A few weeks ago, the kids and I made a list of things we really wanted to do this season.  What do you know, most of it involved staying at home.  Playing in the snow, drinking hot chocolate, making cookies, decorating, making a gingerbread house, etc.  These things don't cost a lot of money, and we have been staying home A LOT.  I have actually felt kind of lazy lately.  But a lot of stuff is going on inside our home.  We are making special memories.
Hanging lights outside for the first time ever.

Making pecan snowball cookies



Playing in the snow.

Making ornaments.  I believe all the ornaments pictured here have already been destroyed.


Watching lots of Christmas movies.

Samson enjoying the snow!


Owen hanging his "Baby's First Christmas" ornament from last year.

The kids always love to hang up Daddy's Rudolph ornaments.  One of these also was broken this year.  :)

Maryn adores all her ornaments and my fairy ornaments.

Josiah got to put the star on top!  And Maryn handled this very well.  



decorating a gingerbread house.

I took the kids to see a Christmas Play "Jingle Argh the Way!" at the Derby Dinner Theatre.

Making Christmas cut outs just like my Grandma Curie and Mom used to do with me.

Painting our nails before our friends' annual Mother-Daughter Tea Party.

Our gingerbread house.

1 comment:

mom said...

So much fun this holiday season