Friday, July 12, 2013

This Week's News

While we were in Ohio, Daddy cleaned out our front living room.

Now our front living room is just one huge play space.  It's like a dance floor.  We usually have dance parties at least once every day.

It's been too hot or mosquito-y to even play outside very much.  But I made a homemade mosquito repellant that works rather nicely.

John has been making fun of  me because I changed my political party and am now registered as a Libertarian. He thinks I want to smoke marijuana, or something.

But really, the fact that raw milk is illegal here in KY just started me thinking about all the outrageous laws we have.

Isn't Owie Badowie so cute?

This little man has amazed us.  Not only has he grown an incredible amount, he has also been exited from the speech therapy program and passed all the areas of the test he had to take with flying colors.  He is doing well across the board, even by state standards.  

Maryn said this is their boat to cross the river back to Mamaws.  I asked her what river they would cross, thinking she'd say something funny.  But she answered, "The Ohio River!"

Rice play :)

Painting with things we found in our yard.

Painting a rock.

Painting outside really has its benefits. It stormed shortly after we painted, so that washed away some of the paint, and they washed off in the pool or hose.

Some men came to redo our neighbors' driveway which was flooding. We had a great time watching them and learning about concrete.  So, we took them brownies and they offered to do our driveway as well, courtesy of the great city of Louisville.  I guess the government isn't so bad afterall.  :)


All three kiddos completed their summer reading.  I'm so proud of my library champions.

No comments: