Thursday, January 03, 2013

winter fun

We've mostly recovered from our illnesses...I think...and here are a few things we've been doing, trying to pass the time, stay busy, and not go crazy.

Maryn's beautiful penguin picture.  Penguins are her favorite animal!

Josiah's adorable penguin.  He did a great job gluing and putting it together!

We made "chocolate popcorn" which we will post on our cooking blog soon.

Maryn's coloring has really progressed. Notice how she colors things the "right" colors now,
as in she colored the outline of the wings all blue and the middles all yellow.  I think it's pretty impressive, lol.

Maryn's been such a great helper, and she's been  more interested in reading and finding information.  She loves "The Blue Fairy" book we got at the library, which is a collection of old fairy tales.  A FANTASTIC read.  I hope we can buy all the "Fairy" books someday.

Maryn also made a fairy house and is hoping she gets more fairy visitors.  A fairy named Blossom even mailed us a letter to say she had visited and sent us a few pictures to color, like the one above.  And some fairies have also left behind fairy dust.  Hmmm....but we haven't actually seen any fairies yet.
The fairy house

complete with fireplace, furnishings, curtains 

Our living room today, after getting out some baby toys that were in "rotation."
We also made hamburger buns, which wasn't all that much fun, but I just posted that on our cooking blog as well.  :)  Happy 2013, everyone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the penguins and al the fun stuff you guys do. Your popcorn made me think of the movie "First Daughter" with Katie Holmes. I love that movie. In it where the guy shows her how to put chocolate candies in with her popcorn to melt. I love Maryn's fairy picture she colored..it is just beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I see Maryn and Josiah with all the baby toys,but the question is: is there a baby hiding in there somewhere? Love the penguins. Maryn's coloring always amazes me. She is so talented and I don't know anyone who can color for such long periods of time without a break.

Love, Aunt Cheryl