Thursday, August 30, 2012

I love this guy :)

So I've been trying this new thing.  It's called thinking of others before I think of myself.  Revolutionary, I know.  I've been pretty whiny lately.  It's really awful.  God has really convicted of me this as I think of others before myself.  What could others be complaining about, but they don't?  
 John has been working so hard in his classes and in his job.  He works so, so hard, with little reward.  He's been waiting too long (in my opinion) for a promotion.  You probably know that when waiting for something like that, it's easy for the bitter weed of discontentment to rise up inside your heart and take over.

But not John.  My sweet husband has been driving around in an SUV every day this summer without air conditioning,  I had almost forgotten it didn't have a/c because he never complains about it.  It has been a terribly hot summer, and traffic can be pretty awful on his way home from work.  I'd be pretty worked  up into a tizzy by the time I got home!  But he is kind, and greets us all with a smile, hugs and kisses.  :)  He will step in immediately and assist with dinner, make dinner, or take control of the children during the "witching hour" as I make dinner.

Josiah put on a button up, collared shirt today and walked around very proudly saying, "Daddy's shirt," because I guess he thought he looked like his Daddy.  Our children have the best father.  I'm so happy our boys have him to look up to.  I'm so grateful our daughter has him to show her how a man should treat a woman.
We love you, Daddy.  And John, I'm amazed by you.  God is good.  He has been so good to us.  I know it's only through His Spirit that John is as faithful, hard working, and loving as he is.

The righteous who walks in his integrity– blessed are his children after him!   Proverbs 20:7


Parenting is a temporary stewardship.  Marriage is forever.  The best thing you can do for your kids is to be a good husband.  (Wayne Stocks, Ministry-to-children.com)

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. [Genesis 2:24 ESV]


No comments: