Friday, March 09, 2012

More Ocean Crafts and School Plans

 Maryn got to paint her OWN hand for this one.  She covered it thoroughly.  Very thoroughly, clear past her wrist in fact.

And Josiah participated in this one too!  I think it was his first hand print painting.  He knew just what to do, and was so cooperative.  I don't know why I expected any less.  Look how adorable his tiny little hand prints are!
We read A House for Hermit Crab by Eric Carle, one of my favorites.  We tried to make the bubble wrap painting to go along with it, but we failed in that endeavor.  Big time.

We closed out our ocean theme with Rainbow Fish, reading a non-fiction book about tropical fish, and making a rainbow fish picture.  It was a lot of fun, and I think I achieved my main goal in just helping Maryn understand which animals live in oceans and which live in freshwater rivers, lakes, and streams.

I gotta get her to watch Finding Nemo.  Isn't that movie surprisingly educational?  It's just the best.

I got some books from the library about rivers and ponds, but I think we're kind of past her level of interest.  We'll probably stop with ocean, and move on to Spring-y things, clouds, weather, etc.  She's been very interested in weather seeing as it changes so drastically day to day lately.  She sings Five Green and Speckled Frogs most adorably, however, and I'll try to get that on video for you soon.

No comments: