Well, I made it. It's almost 10:00 and John is almost home from class. I am still awake. Thank God for Pinterest, speed cleaning, and home schooling. They kept me busy and awake.
Josiah just has a really awful sore, red throat that is full of puss. Gross. It isn't strep, and it isn't bacterial, so the only thing we can do for him is fill him up with fluids and other soft foods. Super soft, as in ice cream and applesauce. He didn't have any signs of dehydration or pneumonia, thank the Lord.
Speed cleaning has been my method the last few days. I've gone on speed cleaning kicks before, but it seems like my cleaning routine always has to change with the seasons of my children's lives. Now that I have two very active children, I'm finding I can't ignore a room or two for even a day. Each room needs some TLC daily. And the bathroom, to my dismay, needs cleaning daily. Maryn uses the potty and the sink a lot now, and I guess that means that everyone hangs out in the bathroom a lot more. The sink is a daily catastrophe. While I know the bath tub doesn't need scrubbed every day, I've been spraying it and wiping it every day or every other day. Why? Because I'm not scrubbing it any more. And I wipe it down almost every day anyway because my hair is everywhere in it. So spraying it while I'm at it makes sense.
So basically every room gets 10 minutes of TLC and I get whatever I can done in ten minutes. And I do it a couple times a day or so...maybe not every room twice a day, but at least once a day. The problem with this is I don't have the time or energy for big projects, but I never did before either.
Another sad thing is that our kitchen takes more than ten minutes to clean. More like 923 minutes. BAH HUMBUG, washing dishes! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it! And my poor fingernails hate it, too.
I'm such a downer lately! I'm very negative when I'm in my first trimesters. Hang in there. Only two more weeks to go.
Monday, November 07, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You should get some gloves for washing your dishes. They will make you feel lovely:) Andy bought me some purple ones right before we moved-on my request:) I've used them a few times and it seems to make things more fun
I was just coming here to say what Jodi said! I was totally against gloves at first, but now I always wear them because my hands get so dry & achy from being in water so much. They really make a big difference!
Post a Comment