Tuesday, September 06, 2011

the final straw (:

When the Andersons moved, it was really sad.  I cried my eyes out.  Literally!  Okay, not literally.  That would be gross and you'd probably have heard about it because I would have been in the hospital for a really long time, and I would probably still have scarring and bandages around my face.

The Koesters have been hanging out around us (and we around them) a lot lately, and Jodi has been such a sweet, normal friend to me.  "Normal" is code at seminary, so if you are a seminary wife you know what I mean. If you are not a seminary wife, just ignore it.  Jodi loves the Lord, her husband and her five precious children, in that order, and she knows those are the things that really matter.  She is set apart for Christ, but has her feet firmly planted on the ground.  ;-)

I am having serious allergy issues today (it's raining.  Rain=Mold=Allergies) and not only do my sinuses hurt, but my ear hurts and my foot hurts, too.  So I'm not going to make this post very long.  I'm actually going to stop describing how much I love the Koesters because I'm already near sobbing.

ANYWAY...

We are so happy and excited for them.  Andy has a great new position at a church in Indiana, close enough to visit and on our way to MN.

I met Jodi and Betsy soon after we moved here, and very few others are still here that were here when we moved (that I knew well, anyway).  Seeing the Koesters go is like the final straw...they are the linchpin, the vital thread that weaves through our "recess" groups, the family that was just always there.

I love each of these kids sweet little faces and will miss them so, so much.  We love you, Koesters!  You will always be in our prayers.  We are so grateful to call you friends.

Okay, seriously.  Now I really need to go take some Zyrtec.

Or maybe an anti-depressant!  Waaah!  :)

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, Amanda, I know. And I don't even know the Andersons (or the Koesterses) that well. But we're in the stage where all of our friends are finishing up at Seminary (just like we are), and it's heartbreaking to watch everyone leave around you! Our neighbors are gone, our friends down the street are moving in a few weeks, our friends down the other street are waiting on a church to say "okay" so they can move, and our other friends (you know, down another street) are not far behind them. SAD DAY.

But also, let me just say how much I LOVE the Koesterses. I do... a lot. I have so much admiration and respect for them -- and I don't even know them that well. They are phenomenal people. And if I, someone who doesn't even know them that well, feel that way, I can only imagine how someone closer to them feels!

So, in sum: It's so sad. And hard. I understand. :(

Anonymous said...

I shed a couple tears for you too. Some of them were because of my own crappy day, but most of them were because I know how hard it is to say goodbye to friends and I kept picturing Maryn standing in the Anderson's apt. crying for her friend! Why do things have to hurt so much! But at least you can all keep in touch and know that you have each contributed a special part in the other ones life!
Smile and be happy! Love ya! Can't wait to see you :o)

Cathy

Jodi said...

Oh, Amanda, you are so sweet. We have such mixed emotions about leaving and are so going to miss you guys too. Your family has equally blessed us and our kids, well they just LOVE you!
Can you clarify for me though, what "normal" is?:) I don't know the seminary lingo I suppose.
Love you guys!