Friday, May 22, 2009

Catch a Tiger by the...

Tail!

I wish I had a video of Maryn riding her tiger.
It's the cutest thing. She can do it pretty
much all on her own, but she falls off sometimes.
So getting this picture was a little risky!



Yes, that is Maryn eating a graham cracker. Thank God for friends suggesting things to us. I have no idea what to give this child except baby food and puffs. Yesterday, we visited lots of friends, and Maryn ate graham crackers, deli sliced chicken, and veggie sticks. I think I will definitely be buying some organic kind of deli meat, since getting that chicken and stuff into her baby food has been a bit too challenging for me. Or maybe some really cut up rotisserie chicken. What do you all think? I am totally up for suggestions.

We haven't bought a high chair since we're moving--but with all this self-feeding stuff--ummm, yeah. We NEED to buy one as soon as we arrive in Louisville. Maryn is making an incredible mess!

4 comments:

mom said...

I can't wait to see you and squeeze her. Let me know what you guys need while your here. What kind of food she needs and things you guys want. I would like to get you a few things that you may need in New Hampshire. Can't wait to see you. Less than a week. Yeah!!!

Kendra_Kendle said...

Gigi ate a french fry yesterday :( And so it begins.

She eats Cheerios like it's her job; they're cheaper than puffs.

Bread, teething bicuits, apple sauce, hard boiled-egg whites, or use a food mill on whatever you're having for dinner.

Warning: once you get on her on food like this, you'll have a tough time getting her to eat baby food.

Michele said...

I would suggest a nice booser seat. Hannah's is a high chair looking thing that sits on the chair at our dinning room table. I love it because it only takes up the same amount of space as the chair usually does, and it's one less thing to move around and fold up. Plus...it will be able to grow with her. You'll have to get rid of a high chair sooner than you would a booster.

Finger foods....well cooked pasta, rotisserie chicken (or crock pot chicken....I'm sorry I forgot to give you some Thursday), chicken deli meat (Boar's head isn't organic, but it's really high quality. Dawn will even let me eat that while I'm preggo). Rice puff cereal (in the organic aisle. MUCH cheaper than standard puff, and no extra flavors. Start giving her peas instead of pureeing them...it'll help her practice her pincher grasp, and they are nice and soft for her to eat. Same thing with mixed frozen veggie bites. Cooke them nice and soft and start letting her pick them up and eat them on her own.

On the go, I also like to use the jarred fruit in the little plastic cups. It's hard to find them without a little syrup, so if that's a problem you'll have to look hard. But, it's so convenient for at someone's house or a restaurant. Our favorites are the pears and mandarin oranges.

Obviously Graham crackers, because I'm pretty sure I was the culprit on that one (or maybe it was Hannah). Really any cracker that sort of gets mushy in water would be good too.

I hope you can get a few ideas from there. I'm not quite as organic as you are so they may not all work. Oh...don't forget yogurt, not a finger food, but a great take along snack as well.

Sorry for any typos, I don't have time to check.

Hudson's Mom said...

amanda i love the extra food ideas. sometimes i feel like a bad mom because all my kid eats is out of a jar! love the graham cracker idea and peas. i also gave hudson some mashed potatoes the other night. i never know what i should be doing, so i am thankful for friends who have gone before me in the world of babies!! cant wait to read your posts from N.H. Hope the camp goes well...Maryn will be a hit! I am secretly envious of your summer:)